Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On Social Media Classes and 2nd Graders


Here's a topic that's been bugging me for a while now:
Self proclaimed social media "gurus" teaching social media classes.

No offense to anyone because I know sometimes the best way to learn something is to teach others, but this is getting ridiculous.  Lately, its like everyone I run into is a social media guru.  Is there a qualification for that nowadays?  Could there be another set of letters to add to the growing collection on your business card? (another of my pet peeves in the R/E industry)

Anyway, the whole point is...  Having a facebook account doesn't necessarily make you qualified to teach a class on how to use facebook as a social media marketing tool.

-Jeff

2 comments:

Jim "Genuine" Turner said...

Loving it guys. Keep it real! But what is this Goo Roo you speak of? ;)

Thesa Chambers said...

I am hooked... addicted and loving it... what a great way to complete this day where I actually had to tell the local newspaper what twitter was... you guys rock